Error message

Deprecated function: The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls in _menu_load_objects() (line 579 of /home/kjmscomp/public_html/old/includes/


This study was conducted in the Department of Ophthalmology; Eye A, Khyber Teaching Hospital, Peshawar.It
started from 15th
July 2010 and finished on 6th
October 2011.This was a descriptive cross sectional study. Non-
probability purposive sampling technique was applied.
Results: The study was conducted on 44 patients. There were 29 males (65.9%) and 15 females (34.1%). Their ages
ranged from 25 to 78 years. The mean age of the patients was 47.30 years with standard deviation of 15.30
Corneal astigmatism after trabeculectomy was found to be 100%. Out of 44 eyes of 44 patients who undergone
primary trabeculectomy, 41(93%) had”with the rule” corneal astigmatism, while the rest of the three patients (7%)
had “against the rule” astigmatism. in 23 cases left eye and in 21 cases right eyes was operated.
Conclusion: The trabeculectomy procedure results in significant change of corneal curvature in both meridians.
This effects post operative visual acuity which in turn may adversely effect the compliance of patients towards
surgical treatment.

Mumtaz Marwat
Mushtaq Ahmad
Shafqat ullah khan
Naz ullah
Javed Rasul